Global Mile Imports is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Manager to oversee the design and execution of the port drayage solutions. The candidate will have a successful background of operating/scaling high-growth business with corresponding team leadership experience to own and execute strategic, cross-functional projects and Operations oversight. Candidate will work across operations, technology, procurement and other support teams to develop the execution strategy for drayage to Transload and FC network across the various ports in the US. The role will be responsible for developing infrastructure needed to drive amazon growth over three year planning horizon.
Key areas of focus will include
· Work with partner teams including ops and procurement to establish drayage strategy across all US port.
· Implementation of core metrics to execute the business
· Responsibility for managing network cost and working closely with finance and procurement to deliver planned cost reductions
· Develop risk management strategies to ensure the network can operate smoothly during peak periods. Work closely with operations to drive scaling solutions for peak capacity
· Building relationships with key internal stakeholders to deliver end to end operational solutions will be a critical component of the role
· Work closely with operations to develop appropriate support functions
· Managing internal support teams and build processes and tools to enable scalable and flexible operations.
· Successful candidates will be excellent communicator, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 7+ years of experience as a project/program manager
· 3+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
· 5+ years of supply chain management
· Experience working with technology and support teams like procurement, Finance
· Master’s degree/MBA in business, operations, logistics, supply chain, or related field
· US Drayage industry experience
· 7+ years of Global Logistics operations experience
· 3+ years of expertise defining complex SQL queries
· 7+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.