Applied Scientist II, Prime Video Compliance and Classification, Machine Learning: Computer Vision, Speech Processing, or Natural Language Processing
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award-winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO and Showtime, and live events like Thursday Night Football and Major League Baseball. We are a premier provider of digital entertainment worldwide and we continue to grow very quickly! We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to help Amazon provide the best customer experience by protecting Amazon customers from harmful content ? Do you want to build advanced algorithmic systems that help millions of customer every day? Are you excited by the prospect of analyzing and modeling terabytes of data and creating state-of-the-art algorithms to solve real world problems? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join our Amazon Prime Video team.We are expanding our scene understanding team to drive compliance automation and exceptional customer experience using machine learning, computer vision, audio processing, and natural language understanding. Automation of video understanding at scale is our mission and passion. We need to solve problems across many cultures and languages. we have a huge amount of human-labelled data, and operation team to generate labels across many languages. Our team innovates, with many novel patents, inventions, and papers in the motion picture and television industry. We are highly motivated to extend the state of the art.
As an applied scientist, you will apply your knowledge of deep learning to concrete problems that have broad cross-organizational, global, and technology impact. Your work will focus on training and evaluating models and deploying them to production where we continuously monitor and evaluate. You will work on large engineering efforts that solve significantly complex problems facing global customers. You will be trusted to operate with independence and are often assigned to focus on areas with significant impact on audience satisfaction. You must be equally comfortable digging in to customer requirements as you are drilling into design with development teams and developing production ready learning models. You consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions. This is a greenfield with no "off-the-shelf algorithms" that can perform the job. We experiment a lot and it is a must to learn and be curios. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers
You'll work with experienced managers who'll care for you. We'll guide you on your career growth path and there's no shortage of technical challenges.
You will work with internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and end-users around the world at all levels. Our team makes a big impact because nothing is more important to us than pleasing our customers, continually earning their trust, and thinking long term. You are empowered to bring new technologies and deep learning approaches to your solutions.
We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of content. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be innovative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive will have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art machine learning technologies
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· 3+ industry experience in Deep learning in computer vision, speech processing/synthesis, or natural language processing\understanding
· Strong algorithm development experience
· Skills with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals in one of those areas ( computer vision, image processing, speech processing/synthesis, or natural language processing)
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.