At Amazon, we strive every day to be Earth’s most customer centric company.
Do you want to join an innovative team who uses traditional machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing techniques to insert intelligence into our processes to help provide world class support to our global network of selling partners in an efficient and scalable manner?
Are you interested in helping our associates by streamlining their processes and offering them fast, efficient routes and tools to case resolution?
Amazon Partner Solutions And Support Machine Learning team is looking for an Applied Scientist to build efficient, flexible, and scalable machine learning and general applied science solutions that help us solve our most challenging problems.
In this role, you will have ownership of the end-to-end development of solutions to complex problems and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making. You will also work closely with engineers to build ML pipelines, platforms and solutions that solve problems of intent classification, automation, and workforce optimization.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
· Hands on experience with an object oriented language such as Python, C++ or Java, and a scripting language (like R) for data analytics and ML model development.
· Hands on experience with statistical analysis, applying various machine learning techniques including supervised/un-supervised learning.
· Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload.
· Strong skills with SQL
· Strong skills with Spark/Python/Perl (or similar)
· Communication and data presentation skills
· Strong problem solving ability
· PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 2 years of working experience in applied science
· Hands on experience in NLP and active learning.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us