Amazon Web Services is looking for a Security Engineer to help build and scale security, while responding to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We continually look for way to invent and simplify to scale AWS security as it expands, while driving complex issues to resolution.
As an Operational Research Security Engineer you will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating sane processes, procedures and automation to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects. You will work closely on supporting internal customers, ensuring that their needs and issues are being addressed.
As a team member, you are part of an oncall rotation to provide critical support for Security Operations team. You also perform research to enhance the stance of Security, and the efficiency of Operations, through metrics and various data analysis.
You will be integral to developing and improving incident and change management within the security space. Responsibilities include driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools & processes and providing feedback on new practices & procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the Amazon platform and customer base.
As an Operational Research Security Engineer you will be expected to drive quality into the metrics we report to assist us in focusing on the areas that give us the best ROI. This includes measurement of our project plans, issues, and cycle times.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· BA/BS degree (or) 5+ years’ equivalent technology experience
· 2 + years experience building scalable incident response utilities and tools for internal use that enable your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale
· 2+ years experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security
· 2 + years experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture
· 2+ years experience in host, network and application security
· 2+ years experience building automated tools in any of these languages: Python, C, C++, Perl, and/or Ruby
· MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or 8+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
· Experience on a Security Operations team, or experience responding to security incidents autonomously utilizing excellent coding skills.
· Knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape.
· Experience on design and build prototype tools and security solutions from scratch.
· Knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
· Experience in create secure software tools and systems with a team of developers and generate and maintain technical documentation.
· Previous experience on security research providing engineering designs for new software solutions and identify flaws.
· Experience with virtualization technologies, familiarity with AWS services is highly valued in particular
· Experience in host, network and application security
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.