The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who have been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post return ship. These full time offers will be based out of Seattle, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
Amazon is one of the most-loved brands in the US. This Business Intelligence Engineer will help pinpoint how Amazon can continue to delight customers. We are the Data and Insights team, and we serve the Lifecycle Engagement and North American Marketing teams. Our work informs strategies that encourage customers to choose Amazon for their day-to-day shopping needs.
The Data and Insights team does three things. 1) We identify trends in customer behavior using analytical and Data Science techniques. 2) We design automated reporting using AWS technologies and Business Intelligence tools. And 3) we create data products like customer segments and propensity models. We are a new team, which brings the opportunity to invent in undefined spaces. We have the privilege and the responsibility of having an outsized influence with our business partners.
You want to make changes that help millions of customers. You don’t want to make something 10% better as a part of an enormous team. Rather, you want to innovate with a small community of passionate peers. You have experience in analytics, reporting, and big data, and a desire to learn more about these subjects. You want a trusted role in strategy and product design. You put the customer first in your thinking. You have great problem solving skills. You research the latest data technologies and use them to help you innovate. You have great judgment and communication skills, and a history of delivering results.
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· 5+ years of work experience with at least 3+ years of experience working in a analytical role with proven experience of providing recommendations for strategic decision-making.
· Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
· Experience working in an AWS environment using technologies like Athena, EMR, Glue, Lambda, S3, Redshift, or DynamoDB.
· Experience delivering automated reports using reporting or data visualization tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, QlikView, or MicoStrategy
· Experience designing and working with engineers to build analytics reporting services for production environments
· Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
· MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
· Experience successfully communicating with internal customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe Business Intelligence decisions or analytics strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring others on best practices in Business Intelligence
· Knowledge of best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, budgeting, and operations
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation