We are looking for high caliber and tested Senior TPMs to own and drive key programs for Amazon Shipping Foundational Technologies with strategic significance and high exposure. Being a platform organization powering WW transportation, the amount of exposure in terms of business, technology and scale is un-parallel. We are building new generation capabilities, working with a diverse set of business across the globe to solve for some of the yet unsolved problems in transportations.
In this role you will define scalable processes and frameworks leveraged by multiple cross-functional teams. You will apply both business and technical acumen in a fast-paced, ambiguous and innovative environment. Our ideal teammate possesses a natural curiosity, sharp analytical skills and is excited to pioneer on behalf of customers. This role requires hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills. You will be responsible for collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules and working with tech and non tech partners. You will also be responsible for setting project management standards and expectations and delivering large, cross functional projects.
If you enjoy dealing with high ambiguity, complexity and broad scope that will be at the epicenter of our initiative, come join us!
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years overall technical/product development experience.
- Strong object oriented development knowledge in Java.
- Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Expertise in scripting
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Documentation skills
· Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
· Desire and ability to challenge status quo and use technology / process to simply things.
· The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
· A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
· Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
· Project management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications desired.
· Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to scope technical requirements and prioritize
· A Masters in computer science or related technical discipline