Are you interested in solving complex talent acquisition selection and scaling problems using assessment solutions for one of the world’s fastest growing companies? You will be a part of the Talent Assessment team and will partner closely Talent Acquisition teams to design and deliver innovative hiring solutions which predict success in job roles.
You will serve as the single threaded Senior Program Manager to develop innovative tools and programs that use science to hire high quality candidates. You will drive the creation of scalable solutions across multiple programs and languages, and be responsible for product implementation, change management and communication strategies. Successful candidates will have experience in technology organizations, are passionate about serving their clients, have excellent problem solving abilities and are able to influence without authority across all levels of the organizational hierarchy. The ideal candidate will have strong program management, communication and analytical skills; the ability to drive decision making while challenging the status quo; and experience driving large scale, matrixed global projects that have significant impact on the customer and wider organization.
Sr. Program Manager Job Description
· Work closely with our Talent Acquisition teams and hiring organization teams to deliver innovative assessment strategies for candidates, improving our quality of hire.
· Work with stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop milestones to ensure timely completion of projects.
· Collaborate with global internal stakeholders including business teams, assessment teams and recruiting teams.
· Create and maintain multiple, complex and concurrent program plans.
· Negotiate resources and work timelines to ensure on-time completion and deliver desired business results.
· Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
· Communicates status risks, and changes of program milestones to a large user population and senior business leaders.
· Consult with stakeholders and Industrial-Organizational Scientists to uncover intended assessment impact, application, scale as well as develop and deploy the most effective assessment solutions.
· Analyze and report out on assessment data to stakeholders. Consolidate and produces metrics that reflect success or failure criteria.
· Navigate assessment systems to deploy, track and troubleshoot assessments.
· Serve as primary point-of-contact for assessments.
· Negotiate vendor contracts for platform integration and use, technical support and implementation of continuous improvements.
· Partner with technical teams to derive program requirements, develop delivery mechanisms for assessments to our candidates, and research new assessment capabilities
· Partner with 3rd party vendors for projects such as translations, as well as troubleshooting and leveraging 3rd party tools.
· Develop concise and effective training, performance support tools and communications for internal and external assessment users.
· Surface opportunities to innovate to continuously improve organizational efficiency
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience effectively partnering with HR, Recruiting, and business teams to build effective programs and strategies
· Experience developing and launching programs and technical products
· Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
· Strong analytic skills as well as an ability to balance strategy and program management tasks
· Ability to develop quick turn-around, practical recommendations based on data and research to inform strategic decisions in a fast moving environment.
· Good interpersonal skills and experience working on cross-functional teams
· Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage heavy workloads and prioritize multiple tasks
· Lead the effective and efficient delivery of projects
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Maximize resources with the best interest of the organization in mind. Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
· Experience driving complex organizational change.
· Able to Interact with executive project sponsors and multiple business and development teams.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially focused on conveying complex information in an approachable manner.
· Able to work well independently, with a team, and across multiple teams and time zones to deliver results.
· Communicate complex, technical content clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Industrial-Organizational Psychology or MBA or equivalent advanced degree a plus
· Experience developing and launching pre-hire candidate assessment programs and technical products