Robotics AI - Computer Vision
Robotics AI (RAI) mission is to advance science in robotic manipulation, learned control and autonomous mobility for fulfillment. The Computer Vision (CV) team's mission is to improve safety, productivity, and quality of fulfillment and delivery operations through mechanisms that use human-in-the-loop AI for near-real-time scene understanding and activity inferencing. We deploy AI inference on a global camera network, using AI as a filter in front of (or in place of) human annotation.
What You’ll Do
As a results-guided Senior Software Development Engineer, you’ll bring a combination of solid coding skills, an aptitude to learn and apply innovative technologies at scale, and a willingness to raise the bar on every service and feature we build. You’ll demonstrate your talent for building secure, scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional team members, including applied scientists to build machine learning models and operations specialists to create new solutions to challenging and meaningful problems around the world.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (equivalent professional or military experience considered).
· 5+ years of relevant professional software engineering experience.
· Advanced coding mastery and superior design skills in one or more modern programming languages, such as Java, Python, C# or C++.
· High functional skills and expertise with computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, modeling, application architecture and algorithms.
· Able to work both independently without guidance, actively collaborate with or lead team members and mentor less senior software developers.
· Experience creating and operating fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
· High sense of ownership, self-motivation, and desire to delight customers; obsessed with quality and customer experience
· Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, pay close attention to detail, and draw actionable conclusions from abstract and ambiguous problem statements.
· Professional software development experience delivering large scale solutions that interface to physical devices (i.e. cameras, sensors, etc.) and/or incorporate Machine Learning.
· Experience handling unstructured data sets in a production environment.
· Experience participating and contributing to the development of solution architecture, delivering portions of the design and delivering components to production.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, automated testing, and operations
· AWS Cloud experience with primary resources (i.e. S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, SageMaker etc.), best practices (i.e. Well Architected Framework) and relevant AWS certification (Associate Level).
· Demonstrated ability to informally lead peers and colleagues when building complex software systems.
· Proficient with Open Source consumption.
· Experience in communicating with product managers, technical program managers, users, other technical teams, and senior engineers to collect requirements, describe software product features, implement technical designs, and deliver solutions.
· Full stack development and operational experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.