The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who have been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post return ship. These full time offers will be based out of Seattle, WA, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
Amazon's Global Prime Experience team is seeking a talented, passionate UX Designer to help define and improve the Prime member experience and our internal marketing products. This person will partner with our PM, Marketing, Branding, and Tech team partners, to help drive compelling customer experiences for Amazon.
The ideal candidate is someone with a passion for customers, strong communication skills, and the ability to focus on big experience initiatives at the same time as crucial details. They are comfortable presenting and articulating design reasoning with data to directors and stakeholder teams, and working through implementation details with tech teams.
· Own medium to large UX Design initiatives in Amazon’s fast-paced, results-oriented environment to define, assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features.
· Understand the end to end customer journey, the friction points within, and how your proposed CX solution impacts that path and others
· Drive exploration of new customer experiences to help Prime members get the maximum value out of their membership.
· Partner with other UX designers, UX research, visual design, business partners, and engineering to understand customer and business need and drive great customer experiences.
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for customers and impart day-to-day strategic user experience leadership.
· Ensure that all User Experience activities are executed at high quality levels, manage team initiatives, set priorities, and manage scoping.
· Review with and gather feedback on work from business, product management, development and peer design teams as well as executive leadership.
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer (or similar role)
· Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Axure, Framer, Invision, etc.
· Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
· Experience designing large scale, high profile customer experiences
· Demonstrated ability in qualitative User Research techniques (e.g. usability studies, interviews, etc.)
· Successful track record working with business stakeholders as a design leader
· Experience creating production specs/assets, working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a rationale for design decisions to senior leadership
· A portfolio demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and GUI design expertise.
· Experience driving mobile first design initiatives
· Demonstrated understanding of end to end customer journeys
· Demonstrated understanding of the desired customer experience and business outcomes of their design as well as actual impact tracking
· Able to work in a diverse team
· 5-10 years of experience as a user experience designer
· Experience leading quality assurance activities (design reviews, QA, heuristic evaluations etc.)
· Formal, advanced education in Interaction/UX Design or HCI, Graphic Design or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated holistic and systems thinking approach to problem solving
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.