The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon/AWS is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional finance experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
This 16-week program is 100 percent virtual. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time roles are contingent upon candidates’ advance commitment to reside or relocate to a geographical area that is within commuting distance to our Seattle, WA office post Covid-19. Relocation assistance will be provided for full-time opportunities.
The Consumer Talent Programs and Analytics team is looking for a Business Analyst (BA), Promotions to drive the innovation and analytics behind reimagining promotion processes within Field, Corporate and Tech functions. The BA will use data to support promotion process optimization recommendations, evaluate the impact of new or changed promotion processes, and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and scale. We are looking for a creative, curious thinker with deep analytics experience who is enthusiastic about supporting a highly innovative team operating in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate has an interest in talent management in addition to analytics and wants to use that to help grow talent.
Major Responsibilities Include:
· Obsess over the voice of employees, HR, and business leaders to ensure their perspectives are at the forefront of science and process development and implementation
· Collaborate with the promotions program team to translate business needs into requirements for data objects including metrics, attributes, reports, and dashboards
· Design a data metric library for common metric definitions and reporting requirements
· Build data visualization reports and tools for self-service consumption using visualization tools like Quicksight or Tableau
· Extract, analyze and model relevant data from operations and HR
· Identify opportunities to automate and streamline promotion processes
· Develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and recommend white spaces for experimentation
· Partner with research science and analytics teams to improve data assets, quality, metrics and insights.
· Dedication to problem-solving to deliver innovative solutions to core business problems and employee needs
· Draft concise documents communicating results to stakeholders, visualizing data where beneficial to drive decision-making
· You are eligible for this program if you have been out of the workforce for at least 1year. Examples may be: Staying home to raise your family o Taking needed time off to provide personal care for a loved one o Venturing to starting your own business o Necessary sabbatical from the workforce for personal reasons
· Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field
· 2+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/statistical/BI space
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· Experience with Excel and VBA
· 2+ years’ experience with SQL, statistical analysis tools, Tableau, and Quicksight
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Master's degree in Business, Analytics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
· 3+ years’ experience in operations and/or human resources
· Experience extracting data using SQL and AWS database architectures
· 5+ years’ relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst, or statistical analyst role
· Effective written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to influence others
· Experience interacting effectively across job levels and with both internal and external partners
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
· Sound business judgment, strong attention to detail, and excellent organization skills
· Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
· Fluency in a modeling language such as Python or R
· Experience with one or more of the statistical modeling languages/toolboxes
· Experience using test/control methodology