The North American Consumer Economics team uses Economics, Statistics, and Machine Learning to understand and design the complex economy of Amazon’s network of buyers and sellers. We are an interdisciplinary team, committed to use of cutting edge technology and leveraging the strengths of engineers and scientists to build solutions for some of the toughest business problems at Amazon.
We are looking for an outstanding Economist who is able to provide structure around complex business problems, work with machine learning scientists to estimate and validate their models on large scale data, and who can help business and tech partners turn the results of their analysis into policies, programs, and actions that have a major impact on Amazon’s business. We are looking for creative thinkers who can combine a strong economic toolbox with a desire to learn from others, and who know how to execute and deliver on big ideas.
In this role, we expect you be able to own the development of economic models and to manage, in close collaboration with scientists and engineers, the data analysis, modeling, and experimentation that is necessary for estimating and validating your model. You will need to work with our business partners to communicate the properties of your analysis/modeling and be able to work to incorporate their feedback and requests into your project. Experience in applied economic analysis is essential, and you should be familiar with modern tools for data science and business analysis.
We are particularly interested in candidates with research background in applied microeconomics, empirical IO, Marketing, Finance, applied econometrics, and market design. However, we want to talk with any experienced economist with an interest in working on an interest in working on innovative, strategic problems with significant business impact.
· PhD in Economics or highly related field (Marketing, Finance)
· Experience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research
· Applicants with considerably more experience are encouraged to apply
· Experience with big data and machine learning or data science
· Coding ability in a scripting language such as R or python
· Strong research track record, drives results
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Effective verbal and written communications skills
· Exhibits business judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Dives deep, thinks big and has convictions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us