Consumer Electronics is one of the largest businesses at Amazon. We are a fast-growing, dynamic, high-impact, and fun category that includes Mobile Phones, TV/Blu-ray, camera/photo, musical instruments, home audio, headphones, and connected devices. Our marketplace is changing rapidly. It is still Day 1 here!
CETech is the high-powered technical team responsible for the platform and end-to-end experience for customers to shop for consumer electronics on Amazon. We provide streamlined purchase and shopping experiences, and innovate in payments to provide our customers easy ways to pay for goods.
We have an opening for a talented Software Development Engineer to help us innovate and make our mark in this space! Are you up for the challenge? If you are an experienced SDE who wants to work on hard problems and have the autonomy to deliver, then we want to talk to you about joining us in CETech.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 5+ years of software development experience, including Java and/or C++.
· Must be able to develop scalable services and APIs
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly