Amazon Advertising seeks an Economist to help develop models to measure marketing strategies that drive advertiser value and impact our financial performance. We are looking for a motivated candidate who has operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment and has the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of analyses. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with business teams to help execute and shape our strategy.
If you enjoy using Econometric methods to shape strategy and build new initiatives from concept to full-scale operations this will be a good match. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to develop deep industry understanding, create new models measuring the performance of marketing insights, analyze customer acquisition and retention strategies to maximize revenue, and provide guidance for prioritization and decision-making. This position will collaborate with business leaders on a daily basis and will contribute to overall analysis during our operating cycle plans, business reviews, and provide business insights into key initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity; dives deep into data to find key relationships, creates models to better understand and forecast processes, is detail oriented and has the ability to work well with cross-functional teams including marketing, account management, other finance teams, and senior leaders.
· PhD in Economics.
· Experience in retail, advertising, or similar industries.
· Proven record of bringing high impact statistical models to production at scale.
· Ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to senior business leaders.
· Strong background in program evaluation methods, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Experience in Python, Stata, R and/or Scala.
· Experience applying economics combined with machine learning or data science techniques.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.