The Research and Measurement team in Amazon Operations HR is seeking an Economist to innovate at the unique intersection of employee experience data, operational metrics, and HR data. With a scientific HR organization and the growth trajectory of WW Operations, you will support new research areas that can shape our future.
We are looking for motivated economists with strong analytical skills who can partner with research and data scientists. and business owners across organizational boundaries to measure the impact of experiments and nudges and recommend appropriate actions.
Major responsibilities include:
· Managing global-scale research initiatives across multiple business segments that impact leaders in our organization
· Developing and evaluating measurement and causal models that effectively identify associate experiences, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors that play a role in determining business outcomes including retention, safety, quality, engagement, and productivity.
· Ability to query complex data from multiple sources, data cleaning, and advanced statistical analysis.
· Provide technical supports for designing and measuring randomized experiment.
· Interpret data, writing reports, and make actionable recommendation.
· PhD in economics or related field
· PhD in Economics, Finance, Marketing and related fields
· Expertise in Applied Microeconometrics
· Familiar with major methods used in causal inference including randomized experiments, diff-in-diff estimations, matching estimations, regression adjustments, synthetic control estimations, instrumental variables and regression discontinuity design. Knowledge about some ML-based causal methods is a plus.
· Proficiency in Stata, R or Python.
· Experience in handling survey data (especially survey data measurement error) is a plus.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us