AWS Security is looking for a cleared professional to join our Security Operations Center (SOC) team, overseeing the operation of our physical access control system (PACS) and helping us to automate a sustainable and robust architecture for future growth. This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Do you enjoy reverse engineering and diving deep on security issues? As a systems engineer on our team, you will be responsible for the overall health of our service and provide excellent customer experience to our partners. You will create availability and health metrics, monitor performance, perform regular system maintenance, and architect innovative solutions for running a PACS in a large distributed environment. You will automate routine tasks enabling the team to be quick and agile and be looked to as an expert in system automation. A trusted partner to our internal customers, you'll help to to define requirements and see those requirements through to delivery. You should enjoy digging deep to find answers, sometimes this will require reverse engineering existing solutions, a situation you thrive in.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position will require participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
· Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or another STEM-related field; or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience with Windows Server
· 1+ years of experience with relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
· 3+ years’ experience with a Physical Access Control system (Lenel, RedCloud, etc.)
· 3+ year scripting experience (PowerShell, Batch, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
· 1+ Years’ experience with Linux systems administration and or development
· Experience in 24/7 online environment
· Experience using Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, VPC, etc.)
· Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
· Proven experience creating documentation for production systems
· Proven experience creating end-user training and documentation
· Ability to maintain a government clearance.
· TS/SCI with poly
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.