High quality data is the foundation of building awesome user experiences. It powers unrivaled product discovery, informs customer buying decisions, offers a large selection and positions Amazon as the first stop for product discovery. The quality of Amazon’s product catalog is one of the most significant controllable inputs into building great customer experiences. Now take the world’s largest product catalog and imagine how you could influence the experience for millions of customers on the world’s largest e-commerce site. Amazon’s Catalog Quality group own catalog quality. We combine customer behavior and expert knowledge to identify pathologies, define quality standards, and measure the state of the catalog. We build scalable solutions which improve both the buying and selling experiences at Amazon.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, the Business Analyst will be responsible for leveraging data driven approach to proactively identify and quantify opportunities to improve the quality of Amazon’s catalog. Here are some key responsibilities of the role:
· Partner with technology leaders, program managers, operations leaders and other internal stakeholders globally to identify, quantify and solve Catalog Quality issues.
· Define, measure and present metrics / reports on different programs to Senior Level Management. Design new metrics and enhance existing metrics.
· Support operations with regular and ad hoc query/ data ETL jobs and work on simplifying/ standardizing operational metrics and reporting
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving, aggregating and synthesizing data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format. Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data.
· Analyze and solve business problems with focus on understanding root causes, trends, patterns, seasonality and driving forward-looking opportunities
· Propose optimal techniques to sample the product catalog for humans to audit different dimensions of data quality issues
· Establish relationship between output metric in order to identify and control the critical drivers and achieve the desired value of output metric.
· Communicate complex analysis, insights and recommendations to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics or other business/analytical disciplines.
· 2+ years of professional experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics position using databases in a business environment with large-scale complex datasets.
· Advanced working knowledge of SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
· Fluent English (B2 +)
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
· Knowledge of additional programming languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 1900 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.