Our Worldwide Operations network delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team as an Area Manager. In this role, you will lead a team of hourly employees and will be responsible for engaging your team during their shifts to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. You will also play a key part in maintaining our customer expectations to ensure customer orders are delivered at the right time, to the right location.
Our Operation’s workflow has three major components: First mile - where the product is housed and ready for order; Middle mile - where the order is hauled to your area; and Last mile - when the product is delivered to the customer’s door. Please note that all workflows have slight building variations, but one thing is constant: our vision and dedication to the customer.
Key Responsibilities and Job Elements:
· Support, mentor, and motivate your team
· Manage safety, quality, productivity, and customer delivery promises
· Collaborate with all support teams including Safety, Ops Integration, Loss Prevention and Human Resources to develop plans to meet business objectives
· Lift up to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, as well as continuously climb and descend stairs
· Work in an environment where the noise level varies and is subject to variable temperatures and weather (delivery stations or air gateways include outside loading departments/ramp loading, and grocery locations include refrigerated environments)
· Supporting all safety programs, OSHA and Air Carrier FAA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Work a flexible schedule (weekends and/or overnight shifts)
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse and ramp activities given reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
· Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
· Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Standing and walking for up to 10-12 hours a day
· Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
· Working outside and in the aircraft cargo area
· A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
· 2+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
· Must fulfill FAA and DHS criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
· Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable.
· This position may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Federal law requires Amazon to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position, if applicable.
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position.
· Experience managing a team of 20+ employees
· Experience with process improvements (Lean Six Sigma and/or Kaizen)
· Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain/Logistics, or a related field
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.