This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
We are looking for high caliber Software Development Engineers to start a Greenfield initiative with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture while designing and building highly scalable services, and solutions from the ground up.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, work on front and backend services that can scale to millions of requests, build products that will reach millions of customers and deploy them globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. Our project spans across Amazon Consumer and AWS business lines as we work to build high request volume customer facing services. You will work closely with and learn from a large Principal Engineering community with direct interaction with project leadership up to the S-Team level. As innovators who embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems and will directly influence product design.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 58.75/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· 7+ years of industry experience
· Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services
· Expert knowledge of Java
· AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
· Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.