Amazon’s new platform, Amazon Flex, aims to delight customers by delivering packages faster than ever before. We are expanding our platform rapidly to new geographies and products from groceries to big-screen TVs in an increasingly complex transportation network. One year ago, we launched Prime Now, Amazon’s newest benefit for Prime members, to allow customers to skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Prime Now app for products like paper towels, shampoo, books, toys and batteries. With Amazon Flex, individuals can be their own boss while earning up to $25 or more delivering ultra-fast Prime Now and Restaurant orders. Both Amazon Flex and experience of Prime Now are powered by the Flex App, which is available on mobile devices[CK1] . The Flex App works in concert with Amazon’s advanced systems and technology. The Flex App and Platform will allow the partner to onboard, schedule times in advance or on , guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest innovation, at flex.amazon.com. Come join the team and help us make history!
The Last Mile Recruitment and On-boarding team is responsible for ensuring that we give a top notch on-boarding experience to our delivery partners. At the same time this team needs to ensure that we recruit just the right number of Delivery Partners into the Amazon Flex ecosystem such that we maintain a high level of engagement among our Delivery partners.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to manage large, cross functional programs and projects that support Last Mile Onboarding. In this role you will be responsible for delivering large projects end-to-end that span multiple technology and operational teams. These projects will include initiatives such as rolling out new technology to new geographies as we expand, creating new technology to support new businesses and use cases, and otherwise building great technology platforms that can scale to Amazon’s size and global market places. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts, coordinating across multiple teams to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
· 4+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross functional projects in mid-size or large companies
· 3+ years hands-on experience building software solutions within current industry standard technologies
· 2+ years’ experience leading dev teams to design/architect business software solutions
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web development technologies and service oriented architecture
· Advanced knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
· Strong business and technical vision
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· PMP or Project Management Certification
· Master’s in Business Administration
· 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, or Perl
· Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.