This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities. Full-time role for this team is open in Seattle, Bellevue and San Diego.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
In Amazon’ s Buyer Risk Prevention (or BRP), you’ll be part of a diverse team working to protect Amazon’s most important asset, it’s customers, from targeted attacks from humans and bots. We've got the latest in machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling techniques and investigation tools but we need your help to keep Amazon safe. One of our interesting engineering challenges is identifying the bad actors without impacting customer experience. We use the most recent advances in machine learning and data collection to make real-time decisions to eliminate bad actors at Amazon scale.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Ability to read and analyze existing code
· Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
· Self-starter with strong work ethic with a passion for problem-solving
· Participate in the agile feature/product design process working with cross-functional teams including: Product Management, Experience Design, QA and Operations
· Collaborate with other engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies
· Engage with customers to get a first-hand understanding of their needs
· Design and rapidly prototype proposed solutions
· Implement features, products, and enhancements that improve the user experience
· Production support involved with monitoring production systems and remediating issues
· Participate and lead peer code reviews
· Write domain specific automated unit tests
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us