Amazon’s Digital and Device Customer Service department is currently seeking an Instructional Designer with a fluency in English coupled with an additional language of German, to develop modular, performance-based training content with high standards of quality, efficiency, and scalability. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic worldwide team that works hard at creating and maintaining both classroom and eLearning training programs to graduate high-performing Customer Service Associates in a variety of geographies.
· Perform needs analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing documentation to identify the most appropriate training approach and content to meet the learning needs of the Customer Service associates and support the achievement of their performance-based objectives.
· Independently design and develop creative learner-centered, performance-based training programs, modules, and materials in multiple modalities, including synchronous remote learning methodologies, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, device learning labs, infographics, facilitator guides as well as auxiliary practice, review, and resource materials.
· Collaborate with a global team of instructional designers.
· Collaborate effectively with Operations teams, trainers, subject matter experts (SMEs) to support corporate launches and department initiatives.
· Manage complex relationships with stakeholders in an environment with short deadlines and high business impact.
· Effectively manage medium to large, cross-functional projects from initiation to evaluation.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. They will be an experienced adult learning professional and a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for excellence in customer service.
· A bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent hands-on experience
· Comprehensive knowledge and proven application of learner-centered, performance-based instructional theories and adult learning principles in multi-modal instruction
· Minimum 2 years of professional experience in instructional design or training delivery roles, ideally in a major customer service and/or corporate training environment within a multicultural structure
· Fluency (full spoken, reading and written proficiency) in English and German
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced work environment and manage time appropriately
· Strong self-directed project management skills, with a very good ability to work independently
· Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications and demonstrated proficiency with the Articulate package
Due to the temporary virtual nature of the position Amazon requires candidates to meet the Amazon internet requirements which is to have a dedicated 10MB Uncapped Fiber line (LTE lines are not eligible for this role). Candidates should also have a suitable work from home environment or dedicated work space at home.
· BA/Master’s Degree in relevant field
· Proven familiarity in the use of a large-scale LMS to host content
· Experience in social-collaborative learning methodologies
· Familiarity with the Amazon brand and shopping experience
· Familiarity with Amazon devices and digital offerings
“Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and Employment Equity within the workplace, and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.”