Amazon’s Advertising Analytics and Insights (A&I) professional service team owns the professional services for advanced analytics and insight across our advertiser success team. They produce advanced analytics and deliver service to some of Amazon’s largest and most sophisticated advertisers. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, the A&I team is growing with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The A&I professional service team is looking for a motivated and experienced economist to own, develop and lead the application of economic models, research and narrative in the creation of bespoke and scaled advertiser insights so that A&I can produce the research that Marketing can deliver to the world.
This economist will work directly with senior management, sales, marketing, and A&I team members on key business problems facing advertisers. The role allows you to influence advertising insight strategy by applying the frontier of economic thinking in statistical models, customer behavior and other areas. You will develop new techniques to process large data sets, use econometric models and methods to address complex advertiser requests, design and test hypothesis on customer pain points, develop experiments, and contribute to the design of scalene and bespoke insights. These insights will be translated into high-quality, actionable insights in the forms of white papers, seminars, case studies and other artifacts to inform, educate and inspire advertisers (small or large alike) to be successful marketers using Amazon Advertising.
Overview of Responsibilities:
· Provide data-driven guidance and recommendations on strategic questions for calculating downstream customer behavior.
· Design experiments and define and analyze success metrics.
· Identify opportunities/tests that drives scaled and bespoke discovery, support new customer acquisition or analyses with the end goal to drive growth.
· Conduct, direct, and coordinate all phases of research projects, demonstrating skill in all stages of the analysis process, including defining key research questions, recommending measures, working with multiple data sources, evaluating methodology and design, executing analysis plans, interpreting and communicating results.
· Partner with content and strategy leadership to develop a roadmap of key analytical questions for creators.
· Conceptualize and deliver analytical, data-driven solutions to those key questions, in original analyses and in partnership.
· Produce data-driven recommendations to augment our content strategy and maximize value for customers and creators.
Location: Open to candidates in the US and Europe.
· PhD in economics, quantitative marketing, engineering, or equivalent.
· 10+ years of post-doc experience in retail, e-commerce, or similar industries.
· Proven record of bringing high impact statistical models to production at scale.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to senior business leaders.
· Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, Matlab or R.
· Domain expertise in applied micro econometrics or empirical industrial organization.
· Solid track record of publication, leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
· Strong content review skills, with the ability to write external facing materials and oversee team content
· Familiarity with digital advertising and/or e-commerce