The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is solving a significant problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are envisioning the use of data analytics, machine learning, AI and linear programming to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we’d like to talk to you about a role on an Amazon team that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation and scaling.
We are seeking a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer with strong analytical, communication and project management skills to join our team. This role will be a key member of a Science and Data technology team based in Arlington,VA. Working closely with business stakeholders, software development engineers, BI Engineers and scientist colleagues, you will design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems, helping Amazon Device to provide customer great products and keep the data secure. You will work with the most complicated data environment, dive deep into ambiguous and complex issues, analyzing the data use traditional/advanced analytical approaches (e.g., statistical modeling, machine learning) to turn big data into actionable insights. You will employ right BI solution to virtualize the data as insights in a story telling approach. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the Amazon Devices Sales & Operations Technology, and end customers.
You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, good business understanding, and technically savvy. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about solving ambiguity problems, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
· 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
· Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· 3+ years hands-on analytics work experience, with proven quantitative orientation.
· Experience in leading complex large scale analytical solution implementation
· Advanced skills in SQL, ETL
· Familiar with programming languages such as R, Python
· Experience building measures and metrics, and developing BI solutions
· Proven ability to structure complex analysis and perform the analysis to drive insights
· Experience with big data technologies
· Fluency with statistical analytics and programming languages such as R, Python, etc.
· Master's degree in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering
· Ability to interact, communicate, present and influence with both business and technical teams
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age