As we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon has reinvented how hundreds of millions of people shop online – providing customers with the opportunity to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy and providing millions of sellers with a platform for growing successful businesses. Thousands of new sellers register and start selling on Amazon each week. As a Business Analyst of the worldwide Registration & Verification team, you will be responsible for driving insights into what makes sellers successful in the global ecosystem, and partnering with the product team to launch features at registration to help sellers be successful. The ideal analyst should have proven experience in business analysis and product development; should be able to work across teams and should be able to lead leadership reviews.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, comfortable working through ambiguity, conceptualizing and leading complex initiatives from end to end, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. In addition to collaborating with many stakeholders internally and externally, this role requires working through ambiguity, demonstrating good judgment under pressure and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Develop a deep understanding of Registration and Verification team's data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems.
· Design, build and automate reporting and dashboards to scale and support business needs
· Work with stakeholders to gather data and metrics requirements and drive analytics projects to help solve complex challenges.
· Design, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information.
· Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present recommendations that will shape the future of the registration and identity verification
· Proactively identify problems and opportunities and perform root cause analysis/diagnosis leading to significant business impact.
· Develop performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior leadership.
· Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
· 3+ years relevant experience in financial/business analysis
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, Finance, or related discipline
· 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
· 3+ years of professional experience working with large data sets and writing complex SQL queries to pull data
· Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms as well as Tableau
· Proven experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau
· Demonstrated ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
· Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results
· Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations