Amazon is looking for a leader to fill the position of Senior WW Planning Manager for its global portfolio of device and accessories products. This worldwide planning position is essential to the continued growth of Amazon’s Devices division as it continues its fast paced growth and expansion of its portfolio of Fire TVs and Alexa branded products. This particular position is to support a very exciting but confidential new business vertical within devices coming up in 2021.
The mission of our Worldwide Planning organization is to deliver the most accurate forecasts, inventory targets and allocation plans to ensure every customer is able to purchase the product they want, when and where they want it. In order to achieve this, our team develops and uses optimization tools, advanced statistical models, machine learning algorithms and big data solutions, so we can provide the Device organization with a detailed sales and strategic plan that outlines the opportunities and risks for our customers.
As the Senior WW Planning Manager, you own and manage the worldwide planning for specific programs of devices and accessories. It requires the ability to leverage a broad cross-functional organization of business teams and management partners. This role is very visible throughout the organization and this person will lead the generation of large scale and complex plans that are presented to senior leaders and executives.
Specifically, the Senior Planning Manager has the following responsibilities:
· Management of our end-to-end planning processes and workflows to drive our build and manufacturing investment decisions to our consumers, retailers, customer replenishment and long-term product development.
· Subject matter expert for demand planning, pricing, promotion, in-stock, procurement, supply chain, logistics, and retailer demand and supply planning processes.
· Management of New Product Launches.
· Owning and communicating the global supply allocation plan to global stakeholders.
· Create and implement inventory allocation strategies to maximize inventory placement, turns, sales, and customer experience.
· Continuously improve key end-to-end planning performance indicators from Forecast MAPEs to customer on-time delivery.
Bachelor's degree with a quantitative focus · 5+ years of relevant experience in forecasting, demand/inventory planning · Experience creating and managing advanced models · Experience presenting to Senior Management
Master of Business Administration · Strong written and verbal communication skills · Strong analytical abilities · Outstanding attention to detail, without losing sight of the big picture · Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment · Ability to influence and inspire action in others, with or without a direct reporting line. · Experience managing demand and supply initiatives and program/process improvement teams · Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation