At Amazon Games, we believe that games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. We are seeking the industry’s best to help us publish our ambitious game portfolio. Join us, and you will have the power of Twitch, Amazon Prime, Amazon Advertising, Amazon Retail and AWS to launch and grow live-service games across platforms and devices.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented European Head of Community.
You have strong leadership skills and customer focus. You will set community goals and KPI’s, and constantly use data and metrics to understand what content grows our channels through compelling community engagement.
You will represent community at the highest level of the organisation. You will be the bond between the game team and our players. You will be laser-focused on customers and collaborate with internal teams to develop new game features around our community’s preferences and play-patterns.
You are a seasoned community leader with cross platform, free-to-play and live ops game experience. You have launched games before, and you understand the success of games-as-a-service is dependent on the passionate game communities we serve. You are committed to building a strong relationship between people that play games and people that make them.
You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous and fast-paced business environment, operating across multiple locales, teams and levels in the organisation. You hold yourself to exceptionally high standards and exemplify customer obsession.
You will have experience of leading, inspiring and developing a team of community managers and content creators.
You will draw on your experience of creating successful and innovative campaigns, and have a thorough understanding of global and local modern social media practices that will help build programs to ignite player interest and awareness.
Within the first year, we expect this Head of Community to:
· Develop an outstanding and trusting relationship with internal and external studio leads
· Hire and manage a team of local community experts
· Own and execute the global community plan for a new IP
· Act as the customer champion by creating a scalable feedback loop that brings the voice of the customer into our ongoing development efforts
· Collaborate with Twitch partners to deliver ideas and initiatives that will delight customers
· Set specific goals and KPI’s and report against them
· Define a strategy for scaling community management
· Execute innovative programs with cross functional teams throughout Amazon and Twitch
· Source, brief, sign and manage influencer agencies that will assist with contracting creators and broadcasters
· Take responsibility for communication via all community-channels (boards, social media, blogs) and keep players up to date
· Ensure clear communication and coordination across relevant teams
· Work with the consumer insights and research team to conduct regular competitive analysis report and market research, and provide insights from within the game communities
· BA minimum
· Five or more years in community management and experience managing a community team
· Two or more years in the PC and/or console game industry
· Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities
· Ability to establish formal processes
· Excellent command of English language (written and verbal)
· Knowledge of UGC and Content Creator platforms
· Proven experience working in a fast paced environment and collaborating with cross functional teams
· Deep understanding of consumer market trends and customer journeys
· Understanding of both traditional and digital marketing channels
· Avid gamer with a wide depth of gaming knowledge
· Confident writing and speaking in a second language