Join Amazon’s Project Kuiper! This is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role, you will leverage your System Admin skills and knowledge to help manage hosted applications software to build and manage the backend infrastructure on AWS. Your scope includes building and scaling AWS environments, Continuous Development & Continuous Integration (CI/CD) applications, and job queue scheduling tools. You will build robust and secure infrastructure at the Amazon bar for security and availability.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Build and operate AWS Infrastructure (EC2, Cloud Formation, VPC,S3, Systems Manager).
- Provide technical leadership and dive deep to root cause system issues.
- Drive for automation including CloudFormation templates, backups, and autoscaling.
- Design and implement monitoring and alarming to ensure a highly available environment.
- Own change control for your service.
- Assist team members in designing and implementing architectural changes.
- Maintain documentation and standard operating procedures.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or relevant experiences.
- 4+ years of Systems Administration experience managing server infrastructures and data-center operations across Unix, Linux and Windows environments.
- Ability to write Python, Bash or other types of shell scripts.
- 5+ years of work experience in managing AWS hosted solutions.
- Familiarity with compute server grid systems and server load balancing software (LSF).
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP switching, routing, and networking.
- Proficiency in AWS Services in IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, CloudFormation, System Manager.
- Working knowledge on Unix/Linux OS and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge on Windows Server Administrations.
- Broad knowledge of foundry design kits and SKILL code expertise.