Consumer Electronics is one of the largest businesses at Amazon. We are a fast-growing, dynamic, high-impact, and fun category that includes Mobile Phones, TV/Blu-ray, camera/photo, musical instruments, home audio, headphones, and connected devices. Our marketplace is changing rapidly. It is still Day 1 here!
CETech is the high-powered technical team responsible for the platform and end-to-end experience for customers to shop for consumer electronics on Amazon. We provide streamlined purchase and shopping experiences, and innovate in payments to provide our customers easy ways to pay for goods.
We have an opening for a talented Senior Software Development Engineer to help us innovate and make our mark in this space! Are you up for the challenge? If you are an experienced Senior SDE who wants to work on hard problems and have the autonomy to deliver, then we want to talk to you about joining us in CETech.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience working with external team services and architect complex solutions involving large datasets
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly