Interested to help us building new speech and language technology for Amazon Web Services?
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientists with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading human language technology. Our mission is to provide a delightful experience to Amazon’s customers by pushing the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Machine Translation (MT), Text-To-Speech (TTS), and Machine Learning (ML).
As member of our AI team at Amazon AWS, you will work alongside internationally recognized experts to develop novel deep learning models to advance the state-of-the-art in speech and text translation systems. Your work will directly impact millions of our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will gain hands on experience with Amazon’s heterogeneous speech, text, and structured data sources, and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in speech and language technology. You will be responsible for providing leadership and mentorship to others within the Amazon AI Science teams.
We are hiring in all areas of human language technology, with special focus on deep learning models for machine translation and automatic dubbing.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· MSc in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years of relevant ML/NLP research experience in industry and/or academia
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art NLP and deep learning techniques.
· Proven proficiency in programming with Python, Java, or C++
· PhD with specialization in NLP, AI, or ML.
· Scientific thinking and ability to invent, a track record of contributions that have advanced the field.
· Research experience and publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
· Experience in developing MT systems (3-5 years, in academy or industry).
· Experience with fast prototyping.
· Experience working effectively with software engineering teams.
· Solid ML background and familiarity with standard DL-models used in MT.
· Solid software development experience with DL frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNET, etc.)
· Good written and oral communication skills (English).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us