Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which drives incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day.
We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join the Sponsored Products Auction team. This team is responsible for building and evaluating mechanisms to rank and price billions of ad impressions per day. We're looking for a Data Scientist to define measures of auction efficiency and produce insights into the quality of inputs to our auction (supply, demand, ML model predictions). This role will also be responsible for more exploratory data analysis to identify opportunities for improvement of the system, working closely with Economists, Applied Scientists and Engineers to improve our product.
In this role, you will:
· Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with very large data sets to develop insights into different aspects of our business (monetization, shopper experience, advertiser experience, marketplace dynamics)
· Define and build tools and processes to monitor these metrics (weekly business reviews, dashboards, automated alarming)
· Use data to identify opportunities to improve our systems.
· Work with scientists and economists to model complex interactions in our systems
· Lead and mentor junior data scientists, with an opportunity to grow into a team leader
· Be a member of the Amazon-wide Machine Learning Community, participating in internal and external Meetups, Hackathons and Conferences
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Prior experience in the online advertising domain
· Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to deal with technical and product ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us