Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
We are looking for world-class scientists and engineers to explore new ideas, invent new approaches, and develop new solutions.
If you have expertise in Computer Vision, with extensive industry experience and have:
· the ability to think big and conceive of new ideas and novel solutions;
· the insight to correctly identify those worth exploring;
· the hands-on skills to quickly develop proofs-of-concept;
· the rigor to conduct careful experimental evaluations;
· the discipline to fast-fail when data refutes theory;
· and the fortitude to continue exploring until your solution is found
come join us to invent the future and change the world.
· PhD in Engineering, Technology, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field.
· 10+ years of industry or post-doctorate or academic applied research experience in one or more areas in Robotics, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Machine Learning, Perception, Autonomous mobility, motion planning, navigation, or related fields.
· 2+ years experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language and/or Machine Learning.
· 3+ years of experience building machine learning models or developing algorithms for business application.
· PhD and 10+ years of industry or post-doctorate experience, or an MS and 12+ years of industry experience.
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technologies
· Strong record of patents and innovation or publications in top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
· Ability to develop practical solutions to complex problems
· Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
· Experience with designing and building large-scale systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
· Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.