Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn’t exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
This Vancouver based Supply Chain Optimization Technologies team owns systems responsible for executing customer order fulfillment by managing shipment life cycle from planning to completion. Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization team is for you. We build systems that peer into the future and estimate the distribution of tens of millions of products every week among Amazon’s warehouses and from the warehouses to customers in the most cost-effective way. This team owns the systems that orchestrate billions of worldwide shipments for Amazon. We build solutions that are central to the order and fulfillment pipelines and to the supply chain systems’ operation and impact core front-end customer facing functionality.
As a Software Development Manager for this team, you will be responsible for driving the technical direction and architecture of this large, complex software system. You will manage a team of software engineers to develop highly available, business impacting services at the core of Amazon's fulfillment engine. You will also work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders from World-wide Operations, Finance, Fulfilled-By-Amazon, and internal technical teams to define business opportunities and then drive end-to-end solutions. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, independently make judgment calls to keep teams moving and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will directly own the architecture, engineering quality and technical roadmap of the team. The world is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will be able to learn as much as you contribute.
This opportunity is perfect for motivated and talented leaders who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com. Our diversity, measured by diversity of thought and influenced by gender and culture, is paramount to our ability to meet the needs of our customers.
Watch this short video for more on SCOT, then apply: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of experience building and managing high performance software teams
· 3+ years of Object Oriented software development experience in C++/Java and building successful production software systems
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
· Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration
· Prior experience as a software developer or software program manager
· Experience with an e-commerce, transportation, or big data company
· Experience with Agile (SCRUM, XP)
· Knowledge of Machine Learning and Java application performance optimization techniques
· Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.