Are you excited about powering Amazon’s physical stores’ expansion through economic models? Do you thrive in a fast-moving, innovative environment that values data-driven decision making and sound scientific practices? We are looking for PhD Economists to build the next level of economic models that will help Amazon physical stores grow and succeed.
Our team is responsible for building the core intelligence, insights, and algorithms that support the real estate acquisition strategies for Amazon physical stores. We are tackling cutting-edge, complex problems such as predicting the optimal location for new Amazon stores by bringing together numerous data assets from disparate sources inside and outside of Amazon, and using best-in-class modelling solutions to extract the most information out of them.
You will have a proven track-record of delivering measurable benefit to business through strategic analysis, model building, and/or development of new software. You will be comfortable handling complex economic problems and making the right modeling tradeoffs by applying strong economic reasoning. You will be able to break down complex information and insights into clear and concise language and be comfortable presenting your findings to audiences with a broad range of backgrounds.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· PhD in Economics or a related field.
· Experience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research
· Experience in Industrial Organization and/or Causal Analysis.
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and big data.
· Strong programming skills (e.g. Python) in industrial setting.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.