Are you passionate about conducting measurement research and experiments to assess and evaluate talent? Would you like to see your research in products that will drive key talent management behaviors globally to ensure we are raising the bar on our talent? If so, you should consider joining the Global Talent Management (GTM) Science Team!
Amazon GTM Science team is an innovative organization that exists to propel Amazon HR toward being the most scientific HR organization on earth. The GTM Science mission is to use Science to assist and measurably improve every talent decision made at Amazon. GTM Science does this by discovering signals in workforce data, infusing intelligence into Amazon’s talent products, and guiding the broader GTM team to pursue high-impact opportunities with tangible returns. This multi-disciplinary approach spans capabilities, including: data engineering, reporting and analytics, research and behavioral sciences, and applied sciences such as economics and machine learning.
In this role, you will support measurement efforts for both GTM talent initatives and Amazon Connections (an innovative program that gives Amazonians a confidential and effective way to give feedback on the workplace to help shape the future of the company and improve the employee experience). You will own the research development strategy to evaluate, diagnose, understand, and surface drivers and moderators for key research streams. These include (but are not limited to) attrition, engagement, productivity, diversity, and Amazon culture. You will deep dive and analyze what research should be conducted and to what end, develop hypotheses that can be tested, and support a larger research program to deliver deeper insights that we can surface to leaders on our platform (short term and long).
You will use both quantitative and qualitative data as well as conduct research studies to test your hypotheses. You will use a variety of statistical approaches to model and understand behavior. You will develop algorithms and thresholds to surface personalized results to managers/leaders, and partner with machine learning scientists to build these statistical models into production that scales. You will work with an interdisciplinary team of psychologists, economists, ML scientists, UX researchers, engineers, and product managers to inform and build product features to surface deeper people and business insights for our leaders.
What you'll do:
· Lead a global research strategy to drive more effective decisions and improve the employee experience across all of Amazon
· Execute a scalable global content development and research strategy Amazon-wide
· Conduct psychometrics analyses to evaluate integrity and practical application of content
· Identify research streams to evaluate how to mitigate or remove sources of measurement error
· Partner closely and drive effective collaborations across multi-disciplinary research and product teams
· Manage full life cycle of large scale research programs (Develop strategy, gather requirements, execute, and evaluate)
This person will possess knowledge of different assessment approaches to evaluate performance, a strong psychometrics background, scientific survey methodology, computing various content validity analyses, and experience developing legally defensible talent evaluation programs. In this role you will:
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investing the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, Python)
· Proficient communications (written and verbal) of technical information for non-technical audience
· Experience partnering with engineers and tech to implement science solutions into product
· Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skills
· 5-10 years of relevant experience described above
· Deep expertise in legal defensibility of assessment and performance evaluation
· Experimental Research Methodology
· Proficiency leading complex (beginning to end) research projects with multiple stakeholders
· Proven experience providing thought leadership and consultation to educate and influence key stakeholders
· Experience demonstrating the down stream business impact of your research recommendations
· Experience analyzing experimental research data as well as big data from surveys and archival data
· Advanced Statistics (ANOVAs, regressions (ridge/lasso/hierarchical), HLM, longitudinal data analysis, factor analysis, cluster analysis or SEM/Path Analysis)
· Proficiency in R or Python
· Experience using and researching with single-item measures
· Highly adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.