Knowledge Management Leader, PARS Talent Development
The Product Assurance, Risk, and Security (PARS) organization is seeking an experienced and innovative content strategist and user-experience specialist to drive optimization of PARS information architecture, knowledge management practices, and user interfaces. The ideal candidate will have expertise and proven success implementing worldwide content solutions and managing large-scale projects.
The methods and best practices of how our organization collects, stores, and shares knowledge and information is crucial to our success and our global operation. Our primary responsibility is to help our customers be more effective and productive in their jobs and improve their business interactions with Amazon. To do so we need to standardize our knowledge management practices and optimize the user-experience to ensure that information is discoverable, reliable, and readable.
The person in this role must balance global department goals with regional needs and feedback. Efforts and innovation should be data-driven, and informed by the most effective principles of content strategy, knowledge management, and user-experience as well as by Amazon’s core competencies. The ideal candidate is a creative and analytical problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and excels at self-development and working independently.
This is a people manager role leading a diverse team of Technical Writers and Content Strategists and working cross-functionally with Learning and Development and Talent Products teams.
· Provide a strategic view on the further development of knowledge management systems and practices in order to support the work and development of the organization into the future
· Ensure that all systems supporting Knowledge Management work in an integrated fashion and are appropriately supported and developed to guarantee a high and continuing level of efficiency for the organization
· Drive optimization through appropriate feature integration and implementation e.g. progressive disclosure, responsive design, single-source publishing, etc.
· Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), program owners, and stakeholders to encourage employees to share knowledge through best practices and approved systems and processes
· Improve integration among information systems in the organization to facilitate seamless exchange of information and content updates across systems
· Conduct large-scale usability studies
· Help monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities
· Track and analyze customer behaviors and performance of content platforms
· Help disseminate information about the organization's knowledge sharing program to internal and external audiences
· Manage the information life cycle including implementation and deprecation
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
· Expertise in designing and developing user interfaces and managing content management platforms
· Advanced knowledge of human centered design, information architecture, content strategy, and technical writing
· Superb communication and interpersonal skills including business writing and stakeholder management
· Proven project management, program management, and product management experience
· Experience conducting usability studies
· Skill in measuring and analyzing impacts of solutions in a holistic and methodical manner
· Experience as a technical writer, knowledge manager, content strategist, UX writer, UX designer, Web Developer, or similar role
· Experience cataloging, integrating, and managing diverse content types on multiple platforms i.e. CMS, LMS, LCMS, HRIS
· Experience working with a KMS/CMS platform
· Intermediate HTML and/or XML skills
· Degree or professional certification in Technical Writing, UX Writing, or similar
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.