The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, Amazon Product Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search Relevance team works to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for visitors to Amazon websites worldwide.
The Search Relevance team focuses on several technical areas for improving search quality. In this role, you will invent universally applicable signals and algorithms for training machine-learned ranking models. The relevance improvements you make will help millions of customers discover the products they want from a catalog containing millions of products. You will work on problems such as predicting the popularity of new products, developing new ranking features and algorithms that capture unique characteristics, and analyzing the differences in behavior of different categories of customers. The work will span the whole development pipeline, including data analysis, prototyping, A/B testing, and creating production-level components.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world’s leading Internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
· At least 2 years of experience with machine learning systems.
· At least 2 years of experience building web based production software.
· Hands on development experience in C++, Java, and Python
· PhD in Computer Science and/or 2+ years of practical experience in a variety of Machine Learning (ML) modeling techniques spanning Supervised, Unsupervised, or Deep Learning.
· Expertise in Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
· Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
· Able to thrive in a small team environment.
· Strong sense of ownership with an entrepreneurial ‘think big’ mind-set.
· Ability to communicate well and discuss complex topics with both technical and business audiences.