Want to work on systems that support billions of ad requests across multiple channels and formats and power multi-billion dollar advertising products?
We are looking for outstanding Software Development Engineers to join the Audience Builder team in our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland. Audience Builder enables advertisers to define the customers they want to engage based on shopping interactions, digital content consumption, and other events on Amazon. As a technical leader on our Agile team you will have the opportunity to drive a key product in the Amazon Advertising targeting infrastructure.
Successful candidates will have solved complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices, building solutions that scaled and performed. You will also have a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Your team will own the business, technology, and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
· Non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Extensive experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers as a senior engineer.
· Best-practice software engineering including Agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
· Proven track record of designing and delivering complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
· Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
· Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
· In-depth experience with functional languages such as Scala or F#.
· Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation).
· Linux/UNIX (command-line tools, shell scripts, operations).
· Highly pragmatic and results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus.
· Innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a cooperative team player.
· Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences.
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems.
· Strong sense of ownership and passion for writing world-class software.