Help AWS Build the Future!
Amazon AI is looking for world class scientists and engineers to join its AWS AI Labs. This group is entrusted with developing core data mining, natural language processing, deep learning, and machine learning algorithms for AWS. You will invent, implement, and deploy state of the art machine learning algorithms and systems. You will build prototypes and explore conceptually new solutions. You will interact closely with our customers and with the academic community. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for AWS and work with other acclaimed engineers and world famous scientists.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Masters degree in computer science, operations research, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or related field
· 5+ years of experience in the field with a proven track record or PhD in computer science, operations research, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or related field
· Experience with fast prototyping
· Experience with object oriented languages and efficient low level coding
· Experience with data mining or machine learning applications
· Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
· Strong publication record at top conferences and journals
As a Scientist in the AWS AI Labs you are expected be an expert in an area relevant for large scale machine learning and its applications.
Your position will require you to:
· Be an active member of a software development team.
· Improve and accelerate our technology with science, statistical modeling, algorithm design, and prototyping.
· Maintain an understanding of industry and technology trends in said area of research.
· Have an understanding of semantic parsing.
· Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
· Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
· Effectively communicate with senior management, colleagues, the open source community, and academia.
· Recognize and help hire top talent in your field.
· Mentor others in achieving their career growth potential.
· Drive an independent research agenda that is well-aligned with business needs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us