Video advertising is a complex, multi-sided market with many technologies at play across the industry. The industry is rapidly growing and evolving as viewers are shifting from traditional TV viewing to OTT and publishers are increasingly adding video content to their online experiences. Amazon’s video advertising program is a rising competitor in this industry. Amazon’s service has differentiated assets in our customer & audience insights, exclusive video content including marquee live events, and associated inventory which position us well as an end to end service for advertisers and agencies. As our business grows, we are continually experimenting with a portfolio of emerging ideas and technology as well as global expansion. We seek passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to help foster these nascent ideas into scalable products and launch them into the market.
You will serve as scientific lead for our video creative team at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland. You will take ownership of the scientific direction for a significant business, bringing the latest research thinking to bear on your team's problems and inventing new approaches. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and scientific research, through to development and deployment of advanced models - giving you a real sense of ownership. You will mentor junior members of the team and inform engineering direction based on your approaches. The systems that you help to build will operate at massive scale to display engaging video ads to customers around the world.
You will likely have deep expertise in one or more of the following: Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Online Learning, Game Theory, Auction Theory, Approximate Inference, Generative Models, Optimization or Recommender Systems. You will likely have a history of high impact publication or driving significant business improvements through science. You will also have great leadership and communication skills, and be motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. The position offers an exceptional opportunity to grow your technical and non-technical skills and make a real difference to the Amazon Advertising business.
· Rapidly design, prototype and test many possible hypotheses in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
· Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experimental results into large-scale, highly complex Amazon production systems.
· Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant, exemplifying good scientific practice in a business environment.
· Promote the culture of experimentation and applied science at Amazon.
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Master's degree with applied research experience
· Experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field.
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career in a unique, passionate, and international environment, work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.