In Amazon Prime Video, we are working to deliver a best-in-class Search experience, which innovates how video discovery works on behalf of millions of customers, globally. We seek to become the first place for users to search and the best place to watch.
Our talented team has been growing a Search Science team and now seeks a Senior Manager for Data Science, to manage our BI/Data function and drive the generation of insights and algorithms that will guide our technical and business decisions, improving and understanding our Search experience.
You will utilize big data to understand how customer’s utilize search to find video content, work with applied scientists to develop innovative machine learning models, and manage ongoing testing on behalf of the customer to drive ongoing improvements. We are still Day One, enabling you to drive impact globally and across all Prime Video enabled devices as you build out a science-ready team focused on making Prime Video search the first place for customers to begin their content viewing discovery.
As a Senior Manager of Data Science, you will recruit and lead a high quality, creative, visionary data science team. You will play a key role on the Search leadership team to set the business and technical agenda for key initiatives. You will work closely with business teams, technology teams and finance teams in Prime Video, make a huge, measurable impact to our customer experience and key metrics, delivering innovative solutions that are simple and easy to maintain and scale. You are comfortable conversing with, collaborating with and persuading product, business and technology teams alike, and are poised and polished when presenting to senior level executives.
This position will:
- Manage a team of Scientists to develop a search strategy and roadmap to drive a long-term revolutionary experience.
- Work across teams to create/evolve machine learning models for keyword and non-keyword searches (i.e., titles, actors, directors, franchises, genres).
- Use Search Science expertise to influence programs across Prime Video and Amazon Search.
- Partner with the Search team's Principal DS and other Scientists in Prime Video to drive innovation, insights, action and impact for Prime Video Search.
· 10+ years of relevant senior level experience in Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence/ Analytics.
· 5+ years of team management experience with a track record of hiring & developing analytics professionals.
· 4+ years industry experience in applying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, Statistics or related technical discipline.
· 2+ years’ experience with Tableau, Looker or similar BI Reporting Platform.
· Bachelor's Degree in technical or science field
· Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior peers and leaders
· Experience with machine learning technologies and statistics, preferably within a search engine context
· A proven track record of building new, innovative, and engaging customer experiences informed by customer data from various sources (market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research)
· Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.