Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
Do you want to work on truly challenging problems that will change the world and bring people together? Join our team of smart, friendly and inventive builders to imagine, create and deliver the next high-profile Amazon camera product. Our cross-functional team brings together engineers and scientists with deep expertise in the different worlds of image quality, algorithm design, embedded software, robotics and depth sensing, optics/photogrammetry, graphics and simulation, and machine learning. Together we have built a vast range of different ground-breaking products - from the Fire Phone, Echo Look, Echo Show, Ring security cameras and the Astro home robot.
What will you help us build?
About the role
Camera algorithm engineers in our team know about cameras and computational imaging. They have worked on imaging products and and write really good embedded software. Their expertise is in 3A algorithms, signal processing and/or machine learning. They dive into problems and work with cross-functional teams to solve them. They have expertise in real-time software and can design and optimize for highly constrained memory and compute environments. If this sounds like you, join us to solve these challenges!
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
The following are required to be successful in this role:
· Experience in writing production software in C/C++ preferably for embedded environments
· Knowledge of cameras and imaging science, image processing and/or computational imaging
· Knowledge of computer vision and machine learning approaches
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field – Physics, Electronic Engineering, Signal Processing, Mathematics
Additionally to those above, any of the following qualifications and experience will assist you in this role.
· Experience in bringing products to market; product development life-cycle
· Experience with image quality metrics and testing
· Knowledge in any camera/imaging related areas, e.g. any of
· principles of acceleration and optimization, including SIMD and OpenCL
· Android Camera HAL, kernel drivers, V4L2, Gstreamer and UVC
· Experience in low-level camera control (e.g. MIPI, I2C, SPI and LVDS ) and/or kernel/firmware development
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Experience of working with remote teams and/or cross-functional teams
· MS or Ph.D. in a technical discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Imaging science, Engineering)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.