Are you excited about joining a team of scientists building lasting solutions for Amazon customers from the ground up? Our team is using machine learning, and statistical methods to take Amazon’s unique customer obsession culture to another level by designing solutions that change customers behavior when it comes to product search, discovery, and purchase. In order to achieve this, we need scientists who will help us build advanced algorithms that deliver first-rate user experience during customers’ shopping journeys on Amazon, and subsequently make Amazon their default starting point for future shopping journeys. These algorithms will utilize advances in Natural Language Understanding, and Computer Vision to source and understand contents that customers trust, and furnish customers with these contents in a way that is precisely tailored to their individual needs at any stage of their shopping journey.
· Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable and lasting systems.
· Analyze and understand large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data for Recommender/Matching algorithms
· Design, develop and evaluate highly innovative models for NLP.
· Work closely with teams of scientists and software engineers to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and implementation.
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches, including NLP and Computer Vision
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
· 3+ years of work experience with machine learning systems.
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern scripting language such as Python, R
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in machine learning, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· A PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or in a highly quantitative field
· 1+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· Superior ML breadth and depth
· Expert skills with machine learning platforms such as PyTorch
· Exceptional problem solver
· Strong verbal and written communications skills; experience presenting complex technical information, succinctly, to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Exceptional problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.