The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Quantum Research Scientist in the Device Fabrication group. You will join a multi-disciplinary team of theoretical and experimental physicists, materials scientists, and hardware and software engineers working at the forefront of quantum computing. You should have a deep and broad knowledge of device fabrication and characterization techniques.
Candidates with a track record of original scientific contributions will be preferred. We are looking for candidates with strong engineering principles, resourcefulness and a bias for action, superior problem solving, and excellent communication skills. Working effectively within a team environment is essential. As a research scientist you will be expected to work on new ideas and stay abreast of the field of experimental quantum computation.
The work/life integration within our team encourages a culture where employees work hard and also have ownership over their downtime.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member at the AWS Center for Quantum Computing.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust..
· PhD in electrical engineering, materials science, applied physics, or related field
· Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: MEMS fabrication, electron-beam lithography, photolithography, etch, metal/dielectric thin film deposition, wafer bonding, CMP, vacuum systems, epitaxy, process integration, yield engineering, quality management, volume manufacturing
· Proficient in a scientific programming environment (i.e. one or more of Julia, Python)
· Excellent skills in problem solving, organization, and communication
· Curiosity and capability to research and learn new techniques or technical topics, as needed
· Comfortable working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture, alongside other engineers, scientists and technicians who have a wide range of technical skill levels
· Thrives in a collaborative environment
· Experience in fabricating superconducting quantum circuit and/or packaging components
· Strong background in utilizing design and layout tools for chip scale devices
· Familiarity with a variety of quantum computing architectures and algorithms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .