If you are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation, collaborate in a team of +30 researchers, applied and data scientists, move marketing science to the edge of the industry to make sure our customers receive the advertising they vote for: keep reading.
We look for inquisitive, life long learner with a keen interest on evidence driven decision making, e-commerce and digital businesses and understanding of customer behavior. We are seeking an economist with ecommerce industry experience, on off-site marketing experimentation and a causal inference background. If this is you, read on!
In the spirit of insisting on highest measurement and insights standards and of building consistency across the marketing portfolio Customer Behavior Analytics (CBA) organization is creating a new function that will take on the challenge to build the best Measurement Mechanism in the industry for our marketing portfolio via Randomized Control Testing across all marketing channels, all geographies, all businesses in Amazon. This is a role to flesh out a nascent new program that aspires to be the beacon for the industry. So this is genuinely a unique opportunity for candidates to emerge as world class experts in a fast evolving, ever green domain.
Overall, the candidate’s responsibilities include:
· Design and build scalable analytic solutions using statistical models to measure the business impact of cross channel marketing spend
· Work closely with both business units and engineering teams to formulate measurement problems and associated technical solution strategies
· Develop a library of measurement, decision making and machine learning algorithms to enable data-driven decision making
· Support engineering teams to build tools and applications on our unique big data platform to efficiently generate and deploy insights into decision-making systems at Amazon
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investing the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in statistics, engineering, economy, operations research, or related fields
· Advanced proficiency with statistical modeling, experimental design, and machine learning algorithms
· Deep expertise in using multivariate regression techniques and neural network
· Ability to research, identify, evaluate, and implement modeling solutions for complex business problems
· Experience using Python and/or R is required
· Hands-on experience using Big Data Technologies
· Comprehensive and deep knowledge of a relevant field of research, such as machine learning
· Experience presenting data-focused research to upper management
· PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Related Fields
· Proficient in large-scale production implementation of ML model
· Experience with marketing measurement and understanding of fixed marketing channels (TV, Digital)
· Experience working with engineering to productionalize ML models (from data acquisition, validation, ML, validations)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.