The Advertising Supply & Monetization team determines the display ads shown to Amazon shoppers, and is responsible for delivering an engaging, relevant and personalized ad experience. We optimize entire pages of retail and advertising content in near real-time for millions of shoppers each day, maximizing the long-term value that display advertising creates for Amazon.
We are looking for an experienced PhD economist to build long-term causal estimation products and valuation models for advertising in the context of delivering a highly personalized content experience on retail shopping pages. You will invent methodologies to quantify the impact on shopping from changes in ad quality, relevance, and the general user experience with ads. You will also utilize engineering and econometric tools to lead experimentation efforts and continuously validate advertising’s positive impact to the Amazon shopping experience.
We are looking for a seasoned economist who is able to provide structure, including sourcing, defining, and leveling, around complex and varied business problems. We seek creative thinkers who can combine a strong economic toolbox with a desire to learn from others, and who know how to execute and deliver on big ideas.
· PhD in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Finance, or closely related field.
· Three or more years of experience in a postdoctoral position; or, three or more years of experience in consulting, government or academic research.
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us