How can we improve the customer experience by helping them discover products that are of interest to them? How can we improve the advertiser experience by helping them reach the right set of customers with the right marketing message at the right time? What is the relationship between what a customer views vs what is being advertised vs what they actually end up buying? How do we help an advertiser gain insights to their customers who are streaming on twitch or watching a move on Prime Video? The solutions or answers to these questions and others are fundamental in helping drive the growing advertising business at Amazon.
We are seeking an Applied Science Manager within the Audiences program, part of the broader Amazon advertising business. The Audiences program is a growing multi-disciplinary team addressing advertiser needs to gain insights and create ad campaigns that target the right customers. We do this through a combination of software engineering, data analytics and applied research.
As an Applied Science Manager, you will:
· Lead a group of talented applied scientists and software engineers to deliver machine-learning and AI solutions to production.
· Advance team's engineering craftsmanship and drive continued scientific innovation as a thought leader and practitioner.
· Develop science and engineering roadmap, annual planning, and foster cross-team collaboration to execute complex projects.
· Perform hands-on data analysis, build machine-learning models, and communicate the impact to senior management.
· Hire and develop top talents, provide technical and career development guidance to both scientists and engineers in the organization.
· You will participate in the Amazon ML community and mentor Applied Scientists and Software Development Engineers with deep expertise and interests in applied ML
This role offers an excellent opportunity to grow your technical and non-technical skills and make a real difference to the Amazon Advertising business. We place a high emphasis on team spirit and collaboration, while providing the required support needed for succeeding in the role.
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Experience directly managing scientists and/or machine learning engineers
· Master's degree with applied research experience
· Experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience with modern machine learning techniques, including neural networks, deep learning, and packages such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXnet etc.
- Experience of programming in Java, Python, Scala, C++, or other mainstream languages
- Proficiency with mathematical programming environments (Numpy/Scipy, R, Matlab etc.)
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
-- Ph.D in Computer Science, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Statistics, Mathematics, or related discipline, or Masters degree and evidence of applied research in industry at a similar level
-Experience in building large-scale machine learning and solutions at internet scale.
- Experience in Big Data technologies such as: AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.