We are seeking an Enterprise and Supplier Development professional to support the South African operation in meeting its B-BBEE initiatives. As an ESD Program Manager, you will partner with other Amazon Procurement leaders to drive B-BBEE compliance and transformation while building strategic partnerships in and outside of South Africa. You will develop mechanisms and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery ensuring that they are engaging in transformation practices across South Africa. You will also create and maintain global Procurement processes and tools to drive innovation across teams and external partners. This role is responsible for shaping the overall procurement risk and governance strategy and working directly with the team to develop resource and manage the translation of the strategy within the organisation. You will identify and develop Enterprise and Supplier Development beneficiaries across the business. You will also develop mechanisms and metrics to manage the ESD beneficiaries, ensuring that Amazon delivers on its transformation objectives for ESD
The ideal candidate thinks long term, drives multiple initiatives, communicates appropriately, and influences customers and suppliers at all levels. You must be collaborative, but also work with significant autonomy. To be successful in this role you must be highly analytical; think strategically and globally; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines; exhibit an intense curiosity and learning drive; succeed in a fast-paced environment; engage and influence key stakeholders; and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. Also, you must have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects and driving them to completion to meet business objectives. It will be critical to embrace and model Amazon’s Leadership Principles and have an entrepreneurial spirit with a “get it done” mentality.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To, the following:
· Play a leadership role and drive the integrated risk and governance strategy and support the decentralized procurement team in preparing for certification.
· Support each Procurement Portfolio in risk controls and risk strategy planning as it relates to B-BBEE and transformation.
· Drive BBBEE compliance
· Drive supplier information integrity at all times
· Provide insight into key risk and preferential procurement requirements
· Manage a complex category within the Maintenance, Repair, and Operation (MRO) domains
· Achieve cost savings through bidding and negotiations
· Analyze category data and metrics to drive Procurement category strategies
· Understand trends in customers’ needs and concerns, across categories and regions, to influence customers’ priorities
· Lead supplier selection process across multiple categories, internal teams, and regions, and create longer-term supplier selection strategies for management
· Ensure you are knowledgeable about the supply market and supplier capabilities, technically and geographically. Knowledge of the South African market is necessary.
· Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance related to delivery, quality, and cost aligning with B-BBEE requirements.
· Create supplier scorecards to measure and track supplier performance
· Drive and support key local risk and governance strategic initiatives (e.g. supplier initiatives).
· Develop and implement the strategy, processes and methodologies to enable an effective risk and governance and preferential procurement strategic plan.
· Document processes and methodologies.
· Be actively involved in the embedding and training. Lead business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships.
· Provide support throughout the contracting process, as well as management of contracts post-execution.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and broader based Black Economic Empowerment and the further diversification of ideas. The relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity and Black Economic Empowerment will be considered when appointing potential candidates.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
At least 10 years relevant working experience with at least 7 years in a similar role. Post-graduate degree in Business or relevant business discipline. Demonstrated knowledge experience in implementation of B-BBEE policies and strategy, including DTIC Codes of Good Practice, Sector Charters, detailed reporting, policy review and verification. Demonstrated experience and superior technical expertise in developing ESD beneficiaries. Demonstrated ability as a Project Manager who can prioritize workload and manage complex projects within cost and schedule. Strong business acumen, judgement, instincts, and organizational skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Highly proficient in Excel Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results.
The ideal candidate should have technical experience i.e. have worked as a procurement manager with specific experience in developing and delivering an ESD strategy for a multinational in South Africa. An ESD specialist with strong financial acumen and reporting experience and a deep understanding of the various B-BBEE Codes and the calculations of the scorecard thereof (i.e. be able to provide strategic advice, have excellent report writing and presentation skills, etc.). You should not only be passionate about delivering meaningful transformation solutions but obsessed with rigorous goal-setting, continuous process improvement, and mentorship. Successful candidates will have experience driving, initiating, and delivering compliance-related change programs, earning trust with customers, and translating research into action.