AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They are harnessing the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. However, there are always a few people that try to take unfair advantage of a good thing...
Are you interested in taking your skills and career to the next level, while having fun and fighting bad guys? Join a growing Business Analytics Team responsible for AWS Fraud Prevention’s global metrics and data visualization strategy. You will be an integral member of a team of Business Analysts and a Business Intelligence Engineer who will have global responsibility. You will aid in identifying new and emerging fraud threats through data extraction and analyses.
You will leverage your analytical and data skills to deep dive on a myriad of fraud activity to help drive complex investigations and investigative strategies. You will be at the forefront of keeping abreast of trends and fraud issues affecting the cloud industry to ensure AWS is leading the curve in identifying, migrating and preventing fraud attacks.
Learn and Be Curious. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusion and Diversity. Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
In case you're interested to talk in detail about this role, please feel free to reach out to Amit Rahar (amirahar@)
· Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an analytical field - e.g. Management Information Systems, Economics, Operations, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or an in applicable social sciences field such as Criminal Justice or Law
· At least four years of experience working in Analytics/Business Intelligence environment
· Experience in working with databases and relational data set solutions (Redshift, SQL Server etc) in a business or government environment
· Proficient in extracting and processing data using SQL, Tableau, QuickSight and Excel
· Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources and to design/construct/execute complex analyses to come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem
· Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-task and high volume environment
· Experience in e-commerce/on-line companies in fraud / risk control functions
· Experience working with Federal/State/foreign law enforcement or national security agencies
· Experience in leading strategic and analytical projects related to; Fraud or Cyber Crime or Financial Crimes or White Collar Crimes or Financial Risk Management
· Cloud computing experience/knowledge
· Experience collaborating with teams across multiple geographic regions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.