Amazon Softlines Private Brands (SPB) is looking for a data scientist to steer the direction of a global project in partnership with a technology teams across Amazon. This role will be a part of a global product team that works on programmatic solutions to improve WW SPB Catalog Quality to offer the best search, browse and detail page experience to our customers. This team comprises of three product managers in London, one product manager in US, one product manager in JP. In addition, we fund SDE resources in our partner teams to drive our automation agenda.
Our strategy involves:
1) Defect elimination: we partner with technology teams within Amazon such as ASIN localization, Amazon Selection and Catalog System, Private Brands Central to fix root causes prevent defects generation at creation.
2) Defect remediation: using image based Machine Learning and other logic based/deterministic rules which cause a bad customer experience.
We are seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist with a passion to work on complex strategic problems that ultimately raise the bar for our customers, while maximizing business impact. You are passionate about providing insights from data and have experience in working with large data sets. You are organized, efficient and insist on the highest standards. You are an independent self-starter who thrives on owning projects. You will be required to make important decisions on the technical structure of the project from data pipelines, data models and roadmaps.
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.
The primary responsibilities include:
· Help answers fundamental questions of correlation between input and outputs, investment opportunities given limited resources.
· Lead the thinking on Python rule writing for deterministic checks. You will have dotted lining reporting of a Research Analyst to do the actual rule writing
· Lead the data flow to collect the defects identified from ML and deterministic rule and pass to dashboard and remediation teams
· Translate the requirements of the project into technical requests to the partner tech teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
· 5+ years of relevant work experience with ETL development, data modeling, data warehousing and applying analytics
· Advanced Python skills
· Advanced SQL skills including experience in using databases like MySQL, Redshift or similar
· Experience in data visualization tools using Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI or similar
· Strong self-starter, confident to operate relatively autonomously
· You have strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skill. You are fluent in English.
· Good analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, you have very high attention to details
· Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, Dynamo DB, S3, Redshift, and RDS
· Expert in tuning SQL scripts
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field