Are you ready to drive the next generation of shopping innovations at Amazon? When words just aren’t enough to describe what customers are looking for, they often turn to other methods such as camera-based search, or using the picture of a celebrity to find inspiration for their fashion purchases. When images aren’t enough to convince customers that a piece of furniture will look good, they want to turn to Augmented Reality to envision how that furniture item would match their living room décor.
Starting in 2009, the Visual Search & Augmented Reality team has thus far launched many visual search solutions on the Amazon App that use computer vision and machine learning/deep learning to help customers complete their shopping missions more easily; multiple internal teams at Amazon (devices, Kindle, Seller services, etc.) also use our libraries and APIs to deliver solutions to their own customers. We are a full stack shop, and our team capabilities cover the whole solution spectrum, ranging across applied science (Computer Vision and Deep Learning), large scale engineering services, product management, UX design, and mobile app development for iOS and Android. However, it’s still Day 1, and this is your chance to make history in the new era of shopping.
As an Applied Scientist on the VS&AR team, you will:
· Investigate and solve exciting and difficult challenges in image recognition, classification, segmentation, 3D computer vision, augmented reality and deep learning.
· Research and develop scalable computer vision and machine learning solutions to hard problems.
· Design, implement, and deploy full-stack computer vision solutions for millions of Amazon customers.
· Build on core technology in Visual Search and Augmented Reality.
· Use the latest advances in neural networks and machine learning to bring new experiences for our customers.
You are going to love this job because you will:
· Be immersed in a "critical mass” of innovative and top caliber computer vision experts in a collegial and fun environment.
· Work on incredibly hard problems in computer vision that are of value in the real world.
· Create world-class computer vision products.
· Build on Amazon’s tools and vast technical resources.
· Work in a dynamic team that provides continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
* Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or a Master's degree with equivalent industry experience.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in computer vision or image processing.
* Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals or a proven track record of industry innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art.
* At least 5 year of experience in coding computer vision and machine learning algorithms in C++, C# or Java
* Proficiency in Python or other scripting languages
· Demonstrated track record of successful projects in algorithm design and software development through the product lifecycle.
· Deep learning, machine learning, information retrieval, or data mining experience.
· Specific computer vision skills in object detection, recognition, 3D computer vision, and/or tracking.
· 7+ years of developing computer vision and machine learning algorithms in an industrial/corporate setting
· Experience leveraging and augmenting large code base and computer vision/machine libraries/toolkits to deliver new solutions.
· Experience deploying solutions to AWS or cloud services a plus.
· Familiarity with vision systems on mobile devices.
· Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code.